This position is responsible for the maintenance of all parks owned
by the Fargo Park District during all seasons of the year. This
position will work closely with all other departments within the Park
District. This position will be engaged in construction, repair or
maintenance of all city parks and facilities. This position will work
with irrigation systems, apply chemicals related to park maintenance,
operate a variety of equipment related to park maintenance and assist
with training and supervision of part-time seasonal staff. This
position is responsible for the beautification, maintenance and
construction of city parks and facilities.
Evaluation of this position is based primarily on performance of the
following essential functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Construction and maintenance of city parks, open spaces,
facilities and recreational areas.
- Operate and maintain all equipment related to park maintenance in
a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate, repair and maintain plumbing and irrigation systems.
- Properly apply herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers and
other chemicals related to park maintenance as directed by the Park
Supervisors or the Park Foreman.
- Complete lists of daily work assignments; make field decisions
regarding job procedures, work standards and equipment use. Train
part-time seasonal staff on monitoring, maintenance and servicing of
equipment to ensure operational standards.
- Winter duties shall include snow removal on trails, parking lots
and outdoor ice rinks. Construction and maintenance of outdoor ice
rinks. Facility and ice maintenance of indoor ice facilities.
- Perform other duties as presented by the Park Supervisors or the
Evaluation of this position may also be based on occasional
performance of the following other functions, which include, but are
not limited to:
- Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant
issues or concerns.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient
manner to maintain safe work environment and surrounding area for
oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations
and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as
capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Respond to comments from the public and provide information
regarding park cleanliness and related park maintenance items.